Another area of expertise for Research Air Flo is hydronic testing and balancing. Many HVAC and manufacturing systems utilize water as a medium for heat transfer. Systems are balanced for terminal flow using differential pressures. The process of hydronic balancing ensures that proper water flow reaches all of the desired equipment in a system which. Balancing hydronic systems reduces energy consumption, saves money and enhances system performance.
Equipment included in these systems includes:
Chillers, Cooling Towers, Boilers, Pumps and more.
Regardless of size, we can make it happen! Our projects range in application from simple fan coil units to complex manufacturing, process water and data center systems. Our technicians have experience working on some of the largest and most in-depth hydronic projects in the country.
Specific equipment used during hydronic testing and balancing includes, but is not limited to:
- Shortridge and Alnor Digital Hydronic Manometers
- Hydronic Manometers are used to balance systems and to check equipment performance by measuring and displaying differential pressure.
- Transit Time and Doppler, Non-Invasive Ultrasonic Flow Meters
- These meters measure the velocity of a fluid with ultrasound to calculate volume flow. These are excellent instruments for existing systems where P/T ports are not installed. They also aide in troubleshooting issues where pressures cannot be obtained.
- Insertion and Contact Digital Thermometers
- Provide entering and leaving water temperature data to help us confirm proper equipment performance.